Wednesday, September 12, 2007

new title

so i went to the hospital and had to check in at the registration desk. and the lady was asking me a bunch of questions for the medical papers. when it came to "occupation" i suddenly became depressed with having to say "yeah I'm unemployed." What was worse was when she didn't believe me and she said but you're a student though right? And I said No, I'm unemployed. And she's like a student though. And I'm thinking admitting that I am jobless has already deflated my self-esteem, how many more times do I have to say this to you?? And when acquantences ask me "what's up" and "where are you working now that you've graduated college?", I still have a really hard time saying "yeah about that, I'm unemployed." It just sounds so tacky. These people have no idea how hard I have been working at finding a job, or how hard I worked during school. So when I say I am unemployed I just feel like I am a major let down to society. So..... I have come up with a new title to say when people ask what I am up to/where I am working. Well now I say, "oh actually I freelance." And I say it with a plastered smile. And after smiling for about 30 seconds pretty much everyone understands that I have come up with a wicked awesome new title for the life of the unemployed. Way less embarassing too. It's also less depressing because you don't have to be constantly reminded that you don't have stable employment. Instead you just think of yourself as constantly on the search, Its definitely a more positive job title.

1 comment:

Sacha Penn said...

I was there.

But God is good and you now have a job! YAY!!